We are a fast-paced insurance Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success is based on our innovation and service. We are seeking a Personal Lines Underwriter for Watercraft to join our growing team in Toronto.
This position will:
- Review and underwrite new, renewal and endorsements on multiple lines of business for: Motorcycles, Off-Road, Watercraft, Special Events, Hole-n-Ones, Storage and Contents and Vendor Liability.
- Support underwriting of renewal business for Senior Underwriters
- Manage, strengthen and grow a book of profitable business
- Quote and authorize business within established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters
- Participate in underwriting meetings, formal/informal presentations and training sessions
- Interact with brokers for all transactions
- Participate, encourage and build key broker partner relationships
- Attend industry-related seminars and events as necessary
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit if you have:
- Minimum 2-3 years Insurance experience;
- Firm technical understanding of Personal Lines underwriting;
- Production revenue and profitability focused;
- Highly engaged;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Good decision-making skills and analytical skills;
- Organized and strong time management skills;
- Self-directed and easily adaptable to change;
- Recognized insurance program or degree;
- Level 1 Broker License
By joining Cansure, you’ll become part of a rapidly growing company focused on providing innovative insurance solutions to support independent brokers in Canada. As a member of our team, you’ll benefit from:
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment with boundless opportunities for professional growth;
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation;
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity and passion in meaningful ways;
- Extended health & dental benefits and company-matched RRSP contributions; and
- Competitive salary with potential for annual bonus.
Interested applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.