Commercial Lines Underwriting Assistant
We are a fast-paced Insurance Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success has been based upon our leadership, integrity, innovation and service. We are seeking a Commercial Lines Underwriting Assistant to join our growing team.
We are currently looking for an Underwriting Assistant for our Vancouver office. The candidate will support the Underwriters in their day-to-day tasks.
- Processes and issue documents as instructed by Underwriters and Managers
- Meeting service standard and turnaround time with respect to issuance of documents
- Support Managers and Underwriters with general administrative tasks
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Reception duties on a rotation basis
- Other general office duties as required
Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
- 1-2 years as an underwriting assistant, or meaning experience.
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional, positive and courteous in all interactions, with customers and co-workers.
- Performs well in a busy operation and remains calm under pressure.
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Personable and energetic.
- Understanding of Insurance coverage and cover notes an asset
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.