After the 9/11 attacks, almost all insurance policies excluded terrorism from coverage. Until today, this is still the case and with the rise in terror acts around the world, such incidents can leave insureds vulnerable without coverage. Terrorism is real and comes in many forms, including bombings, active shootings, and vehicular attacks.
Besides damage to property, there may also be loss of income from an incident that causes little or no property damage, which is not covered by a standard insurance policy. An example would be a terrorist attack at or near a coffee shop that results in people not going back there for some time, causing loss of business income. Businesses may also be held responsible for losses or injuries to their customers because they failed to provide reasonable protection against terrorist attacks, hence the need for Terrorism Liability.
At Cansure, we recognize that insureds might be vulnerable without proper coverage. To respond to this, we have developed comprehensive yet affordable terrorism property, business interruption and liability coverage that can be easily added to any Cansure policy or sold as a stand-alone policy.
- Cansure’s exclusive Difference in Conditions (DIC) wording over standard property and liability wordings
- Loss of Attraction Business Income coverage from Active Shooter/Malicious Attack
- No physical damage trigger requirement for Active Shooter /Malicious Attack
- Coverage for crisis management and counselling services
- Coverage for additional security costs
- Coverage for third party liability
Download our product brochure for more details.