Claims Accounting Assistant
Cansure is a leading supplier of property and casualty insurance to commercial and personal exposures across Canada. As a Managing General Agency, our products and services are available exclusively through licensed P&C brokers. Claims are handled by our in-house examiners, and our insurers and reinsurer partners represent leading domestic and global brands. We are proud to offer a very broad product suite covering industrial segments that include Construction, Realty, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Contractors, Recreation, Professional Services, Trucking, and more. Our underwriting expertise and facilities to write even the toughest risks, or to solve for that small wrinkle in what might otherwise be a very standard placement, contributes to the trusted brand experience that our partners have come to expect.
Cansure Claims is currently looking for a Claims Assistant to join the team. This role is responsible for receiving and processing new claim loss notices and working with the Underwriting department to confirm policy details and coverages. As a Claims Assistant, you will also perform a variety of accounting tasks including spreadsheet reconciliation and accounts payable and receivable. You will also provide customer service, building strong relationships with insureds, brokers, carrier partners and independent adjusters.
This position will:
- Receive and process new claims loss notices via email and phone;
- Working with the Underwriting department to discuss policy details and coverages;
- Perform a variety of accounting tasks including spreadsheet reconciliation and accounts payable and receivable;
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative functions;
- Review, organize and filter incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Perform data entry while ensuring accuracy is of utmost importance;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including attending industry-related seminars and networking events as necessary;
- Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
You’re a good fit if you have:
- Post-secondary education (Recommended);
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the insurance industry is an asset;
- Claims experience is an asset;
- Has their CIP certification or has the willingness to enrol in CIP courses through the Insurance Institute;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to manage tasks in an efficient manner;
- Proven self-starter and ability to work independently while working towards the common goals and interest of the team;
- Ability to manage a high volume of data with proficiency in sorting, data filtering and pivot tables using Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to work with multiple software systems.
By joining Cansure, you’ll become part of a rapidly growing company focused on providing innovative insurance solutions to support independent brokers in Canada. As a member of our team, you’ll benefit from:
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment with boundless opportunities for professional growth;
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation;
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity and passion in meaningful ways;
- Extended health & dental benefits and company-matched RRSP contributions; and
- Competitive salary with potential for annual bonus.
Interested applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume to Brent Lexier at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application below. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.